Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chapter 20 Party Planning

Lacheya POV
 
"I am going after her, so fuck you. You go look for Mallory and you go look for Aaron but what about me! What am I supposed to do! What am I supposed to do while the two of you go looking for the girl that I love! Huh! I get it she's your cousin and your going out there to look for her just as passionately as the two of you are going to look for the people you love but you'll be looking for them!" Kevin yelled, it was only Warren, Scotty, Kevin, Arden, Ronan, and I in the small room. Alessandro was with Bomani and Iyari, who Bomani had found hiding in a small cabinet. We had already come to a decision that Warren and Scotty were going to brave the world and search for Aaron, Mallory, and Parker. After further debate from me mostly I was added into the search party now Kevin and Arden were trying to join so Ronan was trying to talk some sense into his sister and Kevin was telling off Scott and Warren.
 
"We need you to stay behind Kevin, Alessandro isn't in the right frame of mind and since Isabella's death, Iyari relies on you. Who do you think is gonna take care of her? Bomani, he's a good cook but when things go south he tends to leave the scene and to hell with everyone else. Plus, do you really want Bomani here alone with Alessandro and Ronan. If Lacheya, Scott, and I aren't back in the five a lotted days. Bomani will leave without a second thought and then so will Alessandro and he'll take Iyari. So what that will leave what Ronan to go out and search for his sister, if she gets her way and by the looks of things she probably will." I glanced over Kevin's shoulder to see that Ronan was thinking things through Arden looked a little confident that she had made her point, "If your here you can buy us more time talk some sense into Alessandro and Bomani if they panic, calm Ronan down about his sister's well being. We need you here." Warren put his foot down.
 
Kevin had been staring at the floor for the second part of Warren's little speech and when he looked up I could tell he was holding back tears. Kevin wasn't a crier, not like Bomani. Well, no one was like Bomani. I could barely look the man in his face but I did, "It's not just her ya know, Aaron he's my brother and he's all I have those two are all I have."he was muttering now and I felt like I would start to cry myself. I remembered my brother's laugh, his smile, his frown. I remembered my mom's pasta sauce, her overwhelming kindness, her tears. My dad and his smell of smoke and paint. They were all dead and now all I had left were memories I didn't want that to be all Kevin would have of Parker or Aaron no matter how much that bitchy girl annoyed me or how much Aaron pissed me off. I grabbed a hold of Scotty's hand and held it tightly. He squeezed back.
 
"I'm in when do we go?" Arden asked as she sauntered over.
 
"Look I don't know if that is a good idea." Scotty started as Ronan left the room, obviously pissed.
 
"First of all I don't care, and secondly I have been here a good long while and in that time I still haven't found the best way to contribute around here and you better believe that I am going to help out one way or another and this is it. So I can either come on board with your blessings or you can all curse me under your breath but I am coming." Arden stated anger was in the edge of her voice and she was just waiting to overfill and spill over. She glared at Warren as if urging him to disagree but instead to my surprise he didn't he just nodded.
 
"So like she said, when do we leave?" I asked looking to each remaining person in the room.
 
"Now. Ronan went to fix up some supplies you'll need no doubt and get you the keys to the car." Kevin said and then he was on fire and took the bull by the horns, "Follow me." he said and the four of us did. We went to the supply closet which was once the computer lab but had been transformed into our sort of base of operations, and just like Kevin had said Ronan had picked out four back packs and was filling them with water, rations and a weapon each. Kevin opened a metal filing cabinet and pulled out three walkie talkies. "They cover a twenty mile radius I am on channel one, Warren you are on Two, and Arden you are on three. You guys have five days to track down Parker, Mallory and Aaron, if you aren't back by then I will try to buy you some time with the others, however I am sure that Ronan will go after you so, keep in contact with us once a day at the least and whenever you guys hit a new landmark or finish searching an area. Maybe even when you get a lead. you guys have plenty of battery so don't be afraid to use it and Lacheya will have a pack in her pack if either of you run out." Kevin stared around the room as if to think of anything else we may need. Then I saw a light bulb go on in his head. "Kitty," he said suddenly and left the room. I turned to Arden.
 
"You gonna be ready for this one girl?" I asked she had to be sure. She gave me a firm nod and I let the brothers talk in private for a minute. I still didn't know their full story although I did know more about Scotty than I knew about Warren. I knew for a fact that the three people that had run off on us are three most important people in their little world, and though their world was twisted and strange I was glad to be a part of it. When Kevin came back into the room Kitty strolled happily beside him. Kevin snatched a leash off a desk and then latched it onto Kitty's pink collar.
 
"I'll carry her food." Scott announced as Ronan started to put five cans into his bag.
 
"So I guess the race is on." Arden said.
 
"You leave today and tomorrow will count as day one." Kevin said and then started to help Ronan with the packing.

No comments: