Friday, October 31, 2008

Chapter 17 One Door Closes, One Door Opens

Chapter 17 One Door Closes, One Door Opens

Iyari's P.O.V.

I banged on the shutter door after I heard Parker scream and I had to help them. Then suddenly I spun around as a loud noise filled the kitchen area a mess of pots fell to the floor crashing and clanging. I wasn't alone in the room. I crouched down and hid next to the serving ramp for the food, and kept quiet. Then I saw them three of them racing to the shutter door throwing their bodies onto it trying to crash it open. I put my hand over my mouth and scurried around to the back of the serving ramp watching them, for a minute and then trying to see if there was any way I could get out of this room. Maybe the way they came in. I glanced in that direction but didn't really see anything. I looked back at the psychotics but they weren't there. I crawled under the ramp. Where were they? I pulled my knees close to my body, and wrapped my arms tightly around myself holding my breath. I didn't want to move.

Suddenly a clammy hand reached over and pulled at my dress roughly. I went to stand hitting my head on the top of the ramp and more hands reached in grabbing hold of my ankle. I reached down and quickly let the Velcro detach from my shoe as they pulled it off. I looked up and could see the small empty tray chute that hadn't been used since I've gotten here and started to crawl forward. The grabbing didn't stop they kept reaching for me and reaching for me. I kept going. I was out of breath and then I was out from underneath the ramp. I pushed a small cart to my right and the crazies ran right into it collapsing onto the floor. I let out a small shriek and climbed onto a small plastic chair into the chute. I slid down and then climbed off of it. I looked around they would try to follow me in and then I saw it the red button. I had no idea what it would do but it was next to the chute and I was hoping that it would close it. I scampered over to the button and pressed it. Immediately the chute started to close. I looked around there was a door I ran over clicked the lock and then ran over to a small metal cabinet. I opened the door emptied out the files in the bottom shelf and slid inside sealing myself in.

No comments: